Four Easy Ways to Celebrate SummerJune 19th, 2012 | Posted by in Healthy Living | How To | Notes from Vitabath
It’s almost here! Wednesday, June 20, is the official start of summertime. And as the sun hits its highest point, we think its high-time to celebrate the season, bursting with so many ways to feel good. So, even if your Wednesday schedule doesn’t include time for a trip to the beach, here a few ways to sneak in a little summery joy in the coming weeks.
1. Invite in the sunshine
- Fresh flowers – This summer, why not put fresh flowers on your desk once a week? What a wonderful way to treat yourself to the beauty and fragrance of the season regardless of what else your day delivers. How about picking a small street market or flower shop as your source and becoming a regular?
- Home refresh – It’s easy to bring the bright and breezy feeling of summer in by changing up accessories like pillows and throw rugs. This season we’re seeing aqueous blues, shimmery silvers, delicious pinks and bluer greens. Replace heavy curtains with sheers, and toss open a window, add a fresh scented candle.
2. Summerize your look
- Fashion forward – Nothing says summer more than what you’re wearing (or revealing), and we’re loving the tailored shorts, wedge sandals, flip-flops with bling or sans – a la sophisticated minimalist. The color block trend continues, including bright limes, turquoise, and pinks, or pastels. Swimsuits are retro (thank you!).
- Hair and nails – We love the easy elegance of the slicked back look, a smart solution to heat and humidity. Nails are neon.
3. Savor the bounty
- Fruitaholics, rejoice – Food is trendy but we gratefully celebrate with all fresh seasonal goodies. Hit the farmer’s market and let all colors bright and beautiful be your guide to healthful and tasty eating. Trends this year include traditional ethnic dishes, a fun way to connect with family.
4. Nurture your senses
- Body wash away a hot summer day – What’s better than being refreshed by a bright fragrance in a body wash formulated to renew your skin? Our perfect pick for the first day of summer, Fruit Fanatic GREEN APPLE & LILY with Cornflower Extract Body Wash, the inviting scent of crisp green apple, delicate white lily and a kiss of sweet melon… yum!