How to use fragrance mist
If you're looking for a quick refresher, fragrance mists are the way to go. Great for a quick spritz after a shower or bath, just before heading out for the evening or on-the-go in the car, fragrance mists are perfectly versatile. Not only do they smell great, but they feel great on the skin and often help keep skin healthy and hydrated, especially if you opt for a Vitabath® Fragrance Mist.
Fragrance mists provide that fresh-from-the-shower scent and feel, giving you a subtle but pleasant body scent that's never overpowering. Their scents are less concentrated than perfumes, and they're also less expensive and better for your skin than perfumes, which can contain allergens that irritate the skin.
Here are some tips on how to apply fragrance mist for optimal enjoyment and a long-lasting, fresh scent.
1. Choose a fragrance mist that fits your style. You may like a light and fruity scent, or you might be happier with an herbal aroma. Find one that makes you feel fresh and layers well with any other fragrance product, like perfume or lotion, that you wear regularly. Remember, too, that everyone's body chemistry is different, so what works on your girlfriend might not work so well on you and vice-versa.
Vitabath Fragrance Mists provide a fresh scent along with antioxidants that benefit your skin. The antioxidant-rich superfruit blend contained in our mists ensures your skin feels as fabulous as it smells. Noni, coffee, goji, pomegranate, mangosteen, acai and green tea superfruits, along with skin-conditioning vitamins and other nutrients keep skin feeling healthy, happy and ready for anything. Vitabath products are never tested on animals, so you can feel good about them.
Vitabath Fragrance Mists come in eight-fluid-ounce bottles that feature pretty designs. Try the fun and fruity Pomegranate Bellini Blush™ Fragrance Mist or opt for a soothing Lavender Chamomile or refreshing Spearmint & Thyme™ scent. Love coconut? Try Heavenly Coconut Crème™ or Coconut Noir™ Fragrance Mist. You can also feel cool as a cucumber with our Cucumber & White Tea Fragrance Mist, super refreshing during the summer heat.
2. To ensure your fragrance lasts longer and that your skin gets the most health benefits from it, start by preparing your skin. For best results, apply your fragrance mist right after you shower or bathe and towel dry. This is when your pores are open and can take in the scent as well as the healthy antioxidants and nutrients that benefit your skin.
3. Apply cream first. Start by applying a neutral-scented cream or one that matches or complements your fragrance mist. This will help keep the fragrance mist in place longer. Make sure you get the lotion onto your pulse points, like your neck, wrists, behind your knees and inside your elbows.
Vitabath Body Creams, available in the same scents as our Vitabath Fragrance Mists, are ultra-rich and clinically proven to improve skin moisture by 82%. They're not tested on animals, and they're free of parabens, propylene glycol, phthalates and dyes, so you never have to worry about putting harmful ingredients on your skin. Our body cream formula contains antioxidant-rich superfruits, skin-conditioning vitamins, shea butter, cocoa butter and coconut oil.
Vitabath Body Creams come in eight-ounce tubes or a set of three one-ounce tubes featuring Lavender Chamomile, Pomegranate Bellini Blush™ and Heavenly Coconut Crème™.
If you're using a different scent in your cream than the one in your fragrance mist, make sure they complement each other. Two fruit scents or two herbals, like lavender and mint, may work best, but experiment to find what works.
Alternatively, you could use a bit of petroleum jelly on your pulse points to help the fragrance mists stay in place.
4. Spray the fragrance mist toward your pulse points at a distance of about 12 inches, stepping toward the mist in the air each time you spray. Repeat the process until you cover all the desired pulse points. Then allow the body mist to dry before you dress.
5. Add extra fragrance mist by spraying it lightly onto a brush and then running the brush through your hair to infuse the scent.
6. Help the fragrance last even longer by saturating a cotton ball with the mist and tucking it into your bra. This will help keep the fragrance alive all day.
7. As needed, reapply the fragrance mist throughout the day. You'll smell and feel great.
8. For an added fragrance boost, try giving your fresh sheets a spray before you make the bed. This is a great idea, especially for our sleep-friendly Lavender Chamomile Fragrance Mist. You'll drift off to sleep feeling pampered and surrounded by an aroma you love. (always do a fabric test spot first)
9. Fragrance mists are also great for freshening a car, clothing or room. Just spray lightly and enjoy the alluring aroma.
10. Store your fragrance mist in a cool, dry place to help it last longer and keep delivering that fragrance you love.